Regular Registration Dates: December 1 – January 10
Late Registration Dates: January 11 – January 19 (earlier if leagues are full)
- Pre-season evaluations for U11, U13 & U15 begin in late Jan. 2017
- Practice typically begins in late February/early March
- Indoor pending space and budget availability
- Parking lots and fields before April 1, 2017
- League games (age group dependent) begin April 1, 2017
Fields and Facilities:
- Lionville Park (across the street from Downingtown East HS)
- Lionville Middle School football field
- Spring Run Park (Arbordayle development)
- Target Field (located behind Target in Lionville)
- Pine Creek (off Yellow Springs Road – West Pikeland township)
Player Info: Boys U7-U15
Eligible Addresses: Must live in Downingtown Area School District (DASD)
- U7 – Sneakers, mouth guard, athletic attire
- Note: U7 – 2017 LYA will run “soft cross”, which is a non-contact environment to learn the basics of lacrosse.
- Focus on skill development, fundamentals of the game and short sided games.
- U9, U11, U13, U15
- Full Equipment:
- Cleats, sticks, gloves, arm pads, shoulder pads, helmet, mouth piece
- Full Equipment:
LYA Lacrosse Commissioner: Matt Marascio, Matthew.Marascio@gmail.com
Open to all boys in the the Downingtown Area School District born between 9/1/2001 and 8/31/2010
The LYA boys lacrosse program consists of five levels based on specific age groupings. The LYA boys lacrosse program competes in the Chester County Lacrosse Association (CCLA). All levels except U7/U9 will have regularly scheduled games within the CCLA. The U7/U9 program will have set days to practice/scrimmage and will also participate in the end of year Play Days with other clubs. There are A, B and C levels within some LYA age groups. Teams are selected based on the player’s skill level and experience.
Spring 2016 Age Grouping Quick Reference Table
9/1/2007 – 12/31/2011
9/1/2005 – 8/31/2007
09/01/2003 – 08/31/2005
09/01/2001 – 08/31/2003
**If you have any questions regarding what level your son should be playing, please contact Matt Marascio, LYA Lacrosse Commissioner.
U15 for 2016: Any player who has made a HS lacrosse team is not eligible to play LYA U15.
Each team entered into the scheduling process will play 10-12 regular season games.
Chester County Lacrosse Association Info: www.cclalax.org
Teams Participating in the Chester County Lacrosse Association (CCLA): Avon Grove, Brandywine, Coatesville, Collegeville, Conestoga, Coventry, Great Valley, Lionville, Oxford, Phoenixville, Unionville, Wilmington, West Bradford, and West Chester.
Master schedule for the spring 2017 season will be available about March 15 & posted to CCLALAXORG.
The CCLA 2016 regular season will run from April 1-May 31.
There will be no games scheduled during May 27-29 (Memorial Day Weekend). May 26 & May 30 are reserved for last minute make-up games.
Evaluations / tryouts will be held at Main Line Sports in Berwyn, PA on friday Nights and Saturday mornings in January and February. Times for each age group will be announced by January 1st.